Tightrope Theatre Tightrope Theatre

Finally got to complete this game! Really fun yet challenging platformer! Especially enjoyed the music, definitely has that circus feeling to it.

Only issue is the movement, it feels rather floaty because there is no drag, but then again you are on a unicycle. Love your work!

Retro Nyan Retro Nyan

Game is simple and novel, works really well!

Flixel-Tutorial #2 Flixel-Tutorial #2

Another brilliant tutorial! Adds a bit more challenge and shows off some neat features. While the final game is a bit bare, that is intentional to allow some extensions. Really well written and had no issues when I went through it. Great work!

Schulles responds:

Glad you like it! :)

Flixel-Tutorial #1 Flixel-Tutorial #1

I'm a games programmer, but with no experience with ActionScript3. Your tutorial was very helpful, and I was able to get a good understanding of it to make the platformer!

Also, setting the level of descriptions based on the users current skill level is a really neat feature, it should be in more tutorials! Great job, I would love to see another one or two of these! =D

Mechanika Mechanika

Clever. There are a few graphical errors (like the treadmill and text). Not much long lasting appeal.

Drop Undead Drop Undead

Controls are a bit uneasy at first, but you're able to get used to them. The graphics and animation are superb and I like the static effect when you die. Great job!

Psychic Pirate Psychic Pirate

Some of the layering is off with the paper. Also two tracks of music are playing at the same time for some reason. :/ Still a good effort and a clever game. :)

The Room Tribute The Room Tribute

Great Tribute

Pros
- Very Faithful to the film
- Great retro style visuals
- Suprisingly good music (I never knew Oney did music)
- Kept the "YOU ARE TEARING ME APART LISA!" XD
- Easy controls
- Lots of Achievements
Cons
- Not much to do, even for a point and click game
- Very easy, even for someone who hasn't seen the film
- Music can get repetitive
- Major Slowdown in the Electronic Store and the area next to it.
- Player gets stuck on objects from time to time.
- Why the "Back to the Future" references?

Exit Path Exit Path

Best 2D Platformer in a Long Time

While it remains short, and difficult to master (but not difficult enough to beat in a day), Exit Path is a well designed artistically brilliant 2D Platformer. Extreme effort went into Level Design, the rewind effect is really clever (giving it like an CCTV camera effect) and the music is awesome, very upbeat giving the adreneline rush effect. With the large amounts of 3D Games, Great 2D games should be welcome with open arms, and this is one of them!

Canabalt Canabalt

No it isn't awesome, but it is addicting

You must have balls to say to tell the player that the game is awesome with no reason on the link description before he/she plays the game. If I want to sum up my review in short, then it will be "No it isn't awesome, but it is addicting". I mean it, I can't get off this game but I don't know why. The main aim is simple and it only requires 1 button, run as far as you can while jumping to get from roof to roof and avoiding boxes and mines. It gets frustrating that the game runs too fast for my mind to keep up, and that's coming from a Sonic the Hedgehog fan, but I am glad that a game that looks like it has a plot actually gives a middle finger to one so you have to make one up. So here's my plot, you play a bio-engineered super human called Canabalt who can run fast and jump high, he finds out that the people who gave him these powers want to take over the world so he tries to escape. The animations are smooth, the control is quite accurate and the music is ok, but not great. Because of frustrating gameplay and unnecessarily fast speeding early on, this gets a 9.